Due to recent storms and the loss of power for many of our members the deadline for submission has been extended to March 21. If we do not have your information you may be excluded from the resolution.
The MTA is close to reaching a resolution to the healthcare improper practice charge. We have shared with the district the dollar amount of expenses incurred by our members because of the switch to Liberty and are asking that the district establish a health reimbursement account. Since we have not yet reached an agreement, we can't say exactly what will be covered, but we are hopeful that reimbursements will include the following:
• Bills for covered services for ongoing treatment from your Freedom participating physician who does not participate in the Liberty Network. This includes any processed claims between July 1, 2017 until December 31, 2018. Additionally, please include any arrangement you might have made with the doctor for a reduced fee.
• Bills for incorrect deductibles or co-insurance
• Bills for annual physicals
• Bills for treatments that were denied
This is for all claims processed between July 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017.
For those who have experienced recent issues due to the changes in Connecticut on January 1, 2018, you are also included.
To be eligible for the HRA we will need the following information:
1. The claim # from the EOB (explanation of benefits) you received from United Healthcare. We do not need the actual EOB currently. See below for instructions on how to access your EOB’s online.
2. The amount you were charged.
3. If you arranged payment directly with your doctor, you may submit the doctor’s bill along with a statement from the doctor that you were a patient under the Freedom plan, but they do not except Liberty.
If you have previously contacted me with issues you will still need to submit the above information to be eligible.
To access your EOB on line
Go to the Oxford website at https://www.oxhp.com/ and log in to your account.
Click on “View My Claims”. A list of your visits will come up.
Find the visit and click “more details”. Click “Download Explanation of Benefits”.
This information will be shared with the district.